The Covenant Church does not require adherence to any written creed, and yet we take our theology very seriously, and our history as well. We are a Reformation church, a part of the Church universal, and an evangelical church. In that heritage, we share certain central beliefs, which draw us together in faith and fellowship and make possible a freedom among us on more widely ranging issues. We call these central beliefs “affirmations.” There are six:
• We affirm the centrality of the word of God.
• We affirm the necessity of the new birth.
• We affirm a commitment to the whole mission of the church.
• We affirm the church as a fellowship of believers.
• We affirm a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit.
• We affirm the reality of freedom in Christ.
Join us for a six week series every Sunday at 9:30am to explore the affirmations of our denomination.